Sunday, October 15, 2006

Undo (Ctrl-Z or Command-Z)

Don't you wish sometimes that y0u could just press the undo button for your life? Maybe you've said something you shouldn't have, or maybe you offended someone. I know I have many times and many times I wish I could just undo it and do it all again. Unfortunately there is no undo button, but there is a way to receive hope and everlasting peace for the future no matter what atrocities or crimes you've committed.

"Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

Think of yourself like a piece of white paper, at first God made you to be pure and holy. When you sin you cause yourself to get dirty or even ripped. It's hard to undo the damage, no matter how much you try to tape all the bits of paper back together again. Although it might get close, but it is never good enough for God's standards.

Thankfully there is a way, and that is through Jesus. If we receive Him, Jesus will take away that old and run down piece of paper and make you a clean sheet of paper once again.

Thank you Jesus that I am a new creation in you. Lord forgive me of my sins and help me to be wise and not sin anymore, but instead let me shine your light unto the world. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: