Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Focus

What is your focus in life? Is it to get the best job possible, so you can earn lots of money? Or is it to be famous and admired by others? Or maybe you don't have a focus at all. It is important to have a focus and a goal, without a focus, we would just be swayed to and fro with what the world throws at us. My focus is to do the will of the father, this includes spending time with God, making sure I fulfill my duties that have been given to me by the church, to always encourage others, to pray, and list goes on.

I have to admit that sometimes I do slack off, I'm not perfect, but whatever happens, I need to continually come back to the right track. How do we know when we are on the right track? Only through God can we be sure that we are on the right track.

"A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." - Psalm 16:9

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

Only in God can we have a future and hope. Only in God can we find true purpose and meaning in life. Money is of no use when you die, similarly fame and power. If you're not living for God, then what/who are you living for?

No comments: