Sunday, October 22, 2006

Behemoth

Behemoth is thought to be one of the strongest animals known. The description given from the book of Job:

"Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.
See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.
He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron." - Job 40:15-18

Many times we challenge God, thinking that we know what's best and God doesn't. Human nature is selfish and so we always want to do things for ourselves. In the book of Job, God challenges him saying:

"He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword." - Job 40:19

God is saying I am the creator of all things, man cannot dare to bring down a behemoth because of its incredible strength. Only He who made him has control over it. Man may think they are oh so powerful, but God still reigns supreme.

I have had many successes in life, from doing well in school and university to being able to accomplish tasks I have been assigned at work. When we do things and we do them well, don't fall into the trap of feeling that you can do anything on your own and you don't need God. Without God we cannot do anything. Only through Jesus Christ can we accomplish what we have and will accomplish.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Lord, humble me as your child and servant. Only you have power over all things and that only through Christ that I can do all things. Strengthen me each day to do your will. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: