Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Recharge

How does a battery work? Batteries don't last forever on a single charge. A battery must be charged and when the power is used up it must be recharged again. Likewise we cannot survive without recharging ourselves. How do we recharge? Pray and wait upon the Lord.

Yesterday I decided to go around my neighbourhood (door knocking) to sell the fundraising chocolates. I prayed that I would sell all the chocolates. Yesterday I took one box with me, after going around one block I sold over half of what I had in the box. Praise God. The best part was not that I was able to sell the chocolates, but I got to invite 2 people to come to Church/Youthopea.

Also I have recorded yet another personal best for the 5km run - 26 min 12 secs. However I am falling behind in reaching my goal of 12 runs in a month. Yesterday I didn't think I could run a PB, because there was just problems popping up along the way. I got a slight stitch around the halfway mark. At 500m to go my laces got undone and I did get distracted a little. God reminded me though that although problems come up as we walk with God, don't get distracted by them. Focus not on your problems, but on the task at hand and the goal. So that's what I did, I just focused on my run and praise God I recorded the PB.

"Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever." - Psalm 28:9

I pray that I will be able to go to more houses and to reach out to everyone around my neighbourhood. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: