Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Memory

How good is your memory? If you're still in school or university, your memory must be pretty good still. If you're a retiree your memory might not be so good. In any case no matter how good our memory is, we can get distracted and forget things. God on the other hand does not forget anything at all.

"Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you." - Ezekiel 16:60

God does not forget His promises, whatever He says will come to pass.

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:11

If there is anything you can count on, it is God's word. When we live our lives based on earthly successes, it is all very unpredictable. Just like when we build a house on sand, our lives become unstable. We need to build our lives on the solid foundation that is found in Christ Jesus.

"For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ." - 1 Corinthians 3:11

No comments: