Friday, September 08, 2006

God's Choice

The story of Moses is quite interesting. God spoke to Moses personally and He chose Moses to be the leader for the israelites to be freed from the Egyptians. God showed Moses many signs and wonders to prove that He was God. However Moses was not confident in himself.

"Then Moses said to the LORD, "O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue."" - Exodus 4:10

Moses was not the best spokesperson, in fact if it was up to me to choose, he would probably be the last person I would choose. Moses was slow and his speech was stuttered, hardly the kind of leader you would want. The main thing to note here is that God chose Moses. It's not like as if God had no idea of his speech impediment, but God specifically chose Moses. Moses tried to reason with God to choose his brother (Aaron) instead.

Throughout the Bible God chooses some of the most unlikeliest of characters to accomplish His will. This is because through your weakness, God's glory may prevail. Through our weakness, the Lord is made strong in our lives. I'm pretty shy myself and I am nowhere near being called an eloquent speaker. However God has called me to lead and I believe He will strengthen me and give me the wisdom and things I need to lead His people.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Through Christ, you can do anything!

No comments: