Saturday, September 16, 2006

Live To Serve

I have been brought up in a pretty strict household, I guess you could say we are the typical asians. I would have to do the vaccuming at least once a week. Other things I had to do was the laundry and other general things that needed to be done around the home. One thing I found myself doing whenever we had guests over was being a "runner". Similar to the runners at the TV/Movie studios, but instead this was at home. I didn't like it whenever I would be told to get something, by the time I get back, they forgot to tell me to get another thing, so I would have to keep going out to the shops. Normally a few times before they finally get it right.

Over the years I have learnt that when I do these things, I'm not doing it for my family, but for God.

"And the King will answer and say to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'" - Matthew 25:40

As Christians we are called to be servants of God. When we are a servant of God, we are not being controlled and manipulated like some earthly masters, but God is a loving God. He gives us free will, and not only that He also gives us advice on the direction we should take.

"knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." - Colossians 3:24

I'm glad I'm serving God and not people.

No comments: