Friday, October 14, 2005

Boy-Girl Relationships

This started out as a comment for Warton's blog, and all of sudden it turned out to be a full on post. So here it is.

We talked about this subject for a month at youth. Note: I am saying all this in a Christian's perspective.

The list we all make is almost never satisfied. Why? because we only think about the physical...so in that sense there can never be a "perfect" partner. However God does has a perfect partner for you (unless He has called you to celibacy) and that perfect partner will have Godly qualities. They may not be perfect (as nobody is perfect) but over time both you and your partner will be able to grow to be more and more like Him.

Now when you look at things that way, instead of things getting uglier as time goes on (things get saggy, wrinkles, etc.) When you look at things in God's eyes, as time goes on that person would be getting more and more beautiful.

As for girls making the first move. Generally I think it's better for the guy to make the first move (I'm a guy....yes it's hard...even though I've never done it...I can imagine it =P). The reason why the guy should make the first move is because the guy should be taking charge of the relationship. The bible says that the man is the head of the household. Of course there would be cases when the girl is the one that initiates the conversation and that would be ok, but it's still the guy's job to initiate the relationship.

Finally as for marrying young. Divorce rates are increasing. This is because people rely on their feelings too much, they might get married and then a few years down the track they don't feel like being married anymore. So personally I wouldn't be getting into any personal relationships until I am ready, i.e. I can provide for my partner and also I am spiritually mature among other factors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the more you see someone the more beautiful they become... its some psychology effect :P

anyway, a lot of christians get married at very young ages.. does this suggest that they are already spiritually mature at 22 ?

anyway, i think guys should initiate the relationship too, but i meant initiating a conversation / introduction.. kinda thing.

Victor said...

Err I said if spiritually mature then get married. That doesn't mean if married then they must be spiritually mature.

Yea like I said, girls initiating a conversation is probably ok. That would make things so much easier...I think...