Friday, August 05, 2005

Training at church

Sometimes people ask, why do you have to go to church? Isn't it enough to be a Christian and as long as you don't do the wrong thing?

Well there are many reasons, but one of them is training.

Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.

Isaiah 2:3


When we train for anything, whether it be sports, a skill for a job, there would always be someone there to teach us. It could be a coach, mentor, teacher, etc. If we wanted to get better we wouldn't be able to do it without meeting our teacher. So it's the same as Christians, we need to continually meet our teacher, Jesus Christ, because He is the one that knows all about us. After all God is the one that created us.

This is just one of the many reasons there are for going to church. Just because it seems like a lot of work, don't be discouraged. I hope you all will be able to enjoy going to church as much as I do, maybe even more =)

God bless

1 comment:

Victor said...

thanks, it's nice to know that people are still thinking of me =P
yea I've been abit slow with my postings lately, when I get the chance I still read some of your posts though. Tagboard has let me down, so I guess time to find another message board client, yet again..hmph