Sunday, July 31, 2005

Foreigner

Well I just realised I haven't posted for over a week! yikes...sorry peoples, I've been pretty slack with my blog lately. Well just a quick run down on what's happened the past week.

- Went to SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineering) convention at Darling Harbour, Sydney. The highlight of that was probably the magician. Good thinking for the people trying to sell the cameras, because he did manage to get quite a few people to go to his stall.

- Found out that I'm going to be tutoring at Uni. Which is gonna be pretty cool I think. It should be fun being the teacher for a change =P

- We're hosting a Japanese student (on exchange). Despite the fact that I'm giving up my room for him, it's been pretty cool. I can practise my Japanese on him =P We took him out to the city, saw the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge and then went to Darling Harbour and we took a look at the Sydney Aquarium (which I've been to .... I'm not sure how many times, I've lost count).

Today we supposedly had choir practice but it was cancelled because our teacher wasn't feeling well. Just tonight we went to Double Bay for ice cream...yumm. The place is called French Riviera, it's famous for the huge ice cream towers. We had the biggest one, called "Maxi" and I'm guessing it would be at least 20 scoops of ice cream, stacked up in a bowl. Had 7 people eating it, and so yea we managed to finish it. Afterwards we were soo cold though, especially since it's winter here.

Until another day...

Jaa mata (means cya later in Japanese)

4 comments:

Felix Alim said...

hey how much did that ice cream tower cost?

Victor said...

the ice cream was about $35, pretty good price I reckon

Anonymous said...

yummm ice cream!!
see!! u have to burn it off through running

Victor said...

^ Heyy, I know who you are =)