Thursday, August 24, 2006

When you fall

Don't you know
That He loves you too much to
Ever let you go
And the storm is there to
Only help you grow
He loves you so
When you fall

- Kirk Franklin

Everyone faces problems, even I have problems I face everyday. What you do with your problem determines the outcome. If our attitude is to just ignore the problem then nothing will come out of it, but if we actively seek to resolve the problem, you can learn so much from it. Problems are there to help us, as a Christian we are expected to face problems and persecutions.

"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12

I had a hard time with my family all my life, I was restricted to what I could do. They'd even stop me from going to Youth or even Church sometimes. I still hung on, even though it was hard for me. My social life was not even worth mentioning, all I did revolved around my uni life.

2 years ago, the time finally came that I am now free to do things my way. My family have begun to respect the decisions that I make and they no longer see me as a little kid anymore. I guess this is common to many Asian families, but through the hardship, God allowed me to learn patience. These days it's very hard for me to get angry at anyone because of my patience, of course I am still not perfect.

Let God refine us through the trials. Like the song says, "the storm is only there to help you grow". If there was no storms, life would be so boring. True faith is more precious that gold, let God mould you and refine you so that your imperfections may be made perfect in His image.

"that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ," - 1 Peter 1:7

No comments: