Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Saying "NO"

All my life it has been hard for me to say "NO" to people. Paul while on missions to the Corinth faced some very tough decisions. The church had wanted him to stay, but he knew that if he stayed he would only be fulfilling a fleshly desire. We need to think about why we can't say "NO" to things. Is it because of pride? Is it because of a desire to be liked or loved? Or any other reason. Of course we shouldn't say "NO" all the time, there are times that we need to be saying "YES". Think about how you respond to things, are you responding in a way that pleases yourself or does it please God?

I've always liked to say "maybe this", "maybe that" or "I might". God is really teaching me to be decisive and answer with a "YES" or a "NO". As Yoda says: "Do or do not do. There is no try."

"But let your "Yes' be "Yes,' and your "No,' "No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." - Matthew 5:37

No comments: