Saturday, December 16, 2006

Taste His Goodness

WOW! It's been an interesting couple of weeks. So much has happened, yet so little has been blogged (in fact none at all). Let's see, I'll begin with me starting my new job in North Sydney, this was on the first Monday of December. I was almost late, but thank God I got there in time. I spent half the day filling out forms and doing administrative stuff. There wasn't much I could do really, in fact I didn't do much at all until about Thursday or Friday of that week - I had to take over a project from one of the guys who was taking a holiday the following week. I had no idea what was going on and praise God that He gave me the wisdom to understand the project so that I could contribute in a positive way.

Praise God also that the work allowed to take one day off the following Monday for church camp. Church camp was awesome! (to say the least) I can't wait until next year's camp. Seriously if you've never been to Hope Church Camp, you ought to come, we even had visitors from overseas (New Zealand). We had plenty of fun, but also plenty of time to study the word and spend time getting to know God better and experiencing His goodness. The testimonies shared by the people there were just incredible! People were taken from the lowest to the highest, some came back to church and everyone was just blessed tremendously.

Some new things this year were the crown, which is a trophy and the winner (Mikkadesh) will get their team name engraved on one side of the trophy's base. The next 3 winners will get their names engraved in the other 3 sides. The winner of the "guardian angel" initiative received an iPod Shuffle! (more about guardian angel later). Finally souvenirs! We had ridiculously good-looking badges for everyone to buy, they were so popular that some were sold out. These badges were made by the team called "Unlimited Edition". There's going to be even more badges coming up so keep an eye out for them.

I can definitely say I have tasted the Lord's goodness over the past couple of weeks, what I have talked about is only half of it. When David said in Psalm 34:

"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" - Psalm 34:8

This means we need to really experience the Lord on a personaly level. You can't get someone to taste a food for you. Although you may have similar tastes, it is not the same as tasting it for yourself. It is only when you taste it for yourself do you get the complete picture. Using your senses you can begin to experience God because after all He is real! Words can only express such a limited set of feelings, we need to taste and see the Lord for ourselves to get the full picture. The more you experience Him, the more you will want to trust Him. One of His promises is that you will be blessed when you trust Him.

Thank you Lord for your blessings and allowing us to experience your goodness. Lord I trust that you will continue to guide my path and wherever you lead me, I know that I will be blessed. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: