Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wisdom teeth not so wise

This must be a new record for me - I haven't blogged in over 2 weeks. Well I'm finally back, I just had a surgery yesterday on my wisdom teeth (2 on the right side - top and bottom). I went to the surgery sat on the chair and a couple of hours later came out of surgery. Didn't remember a thing while I was in there, I guess that's the point of it. The doctor explained to me what he would do though.

You've probably guessed why I needed to get my wisdom teeth taken out. Well if you haven't it's because my teeth were on its side rather than going straight up - so much for teeth that is supposed to be wisdom teeth, it can't even grow straight. So to avoid complications later on the doctor had to remove them. From what I was told prior to the surgery he would remove each tooth by opening up the gum and cutting each tooth in four pieces and then taking them out one at a time. Afterwards he would stitch up the gum and voila! All done. Sounds easy right? Well easy for the doctor, but I have to put up with the pain and not being able to eat normally for about a week or so.

Thank you to all the people who prayed for me, I really appreciate it. Praise God that I was able to get through it ok. Now after just having surgery yesterday, I am able to go back to work (not that I really want to) but my boss would like me to go back and I believe God has given me the strength to do so.

One more thing: UniCell for UTS (University of Technology Sydney) and UNSW (University of New South Wales) starts this week. (UniCell UTS has already had theirs yesterday). The details are:

UTS: Tuesday [ 12:30-1:30pm ] @ The Loft
UNSW: Thursday [ 1:00-2-00pm ] @ The Library

For more details, let me know.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5

God bless!

No comments: