Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Say NO! to piracy

Had a nice debate today over ethics of software with my bosses. I used to be like most people out there downloading whatever software I could so that I wouldn't have to buy anything (yes, c'mon admit it, we've all done it in some form or another - intentionally and unintentionally). When I talk to friends telling them that they should buy things legitimately their excuse is usually it's because they don't have the money to spend and they think that people who make money from it are already rich enough.

Well they didn't get rich by stealing did they? They worked hard and earned their money. So who are we (the ones that don't do the hard work) to say that they are ripping us off. A lot of time and effort is spent in computer software, it may look like it would be easy for developers to just make something. Trust me it's not, there are plenty of things that happen in the background.

God's principle is that we reap what we sow. So if you want to sow, piracy/theft in your life, then that is what you will reap later on. Sow good things in your life and you will reap good things later on.

No comments: