Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Great Salvation

"For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him," - Hebrews 2:2-3

In verse 2 it talks about the just reward. Everything we do has a consequence, doing the wrong of course would lead to punishment. For example if you were to be caught speeding you would get a fine. So it is with our lives, when we don't live our lives right before the Lord, we sin. The punishment of sin is death. However there is a way out, an escape route and this is the only way out.

Jesus came to earth to give us the great salvation, we cannot escape our punishment if we don't take this salvation that is offered to us. There is no other way, Jesus is the only way out.

I'm glad God still forgives me for my sins even though I still stuff up many times. God will love you unconditionally, so no matter how bad you think you are or however many times you've stuffed up. God will still forgive you, all you have to do is receive Him and repent from sins.

Lord, I receive your salvation for my life, forgive me of all my sins and be the King of my life. Thank you Jesus, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: